Views
Helpful
Replies

Rogues? What Rogues?

scottwilliamson
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

As I type the WCS Home page is reporting that I have a total of 59 rogue APs in the 'Rogue Detail Summary" table. However, when I click on the red underlined '59' WCS takes me to the rogue AP page and, guess what, the page is blank! Up until a few days ago this page was working ok. Has anybody else came across this?

Any help as ever will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Scott

5 Replies 5

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

What rev of wcs, wlc and location app are you running? Also, what are the setting under Adminstration|Settings in WCS?

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your help

WCS is 5.0.56.0

WLCs are 5.0.148.0

no location appliances

The settings in admin/settings should all be at the defaults as I have not made any changes to them. However....

Data Management 31, 31, 10, 31

Report "filepath", 31

Mail Server - all blank except 'From' - WCS@"WCSIP"

Login Disclaimer - Blank

Alarms unchecked, checked, unchecked

Client unchecked

Notification Receiver - None

SNMP unchecked, Exponential, checked, 2, 2, 100

Also, if I click on the number of adhoc Rogues on the Home page then that table displays OK.

The alarm summary table in the bottom left of the browser widow displays 0 rogues when the table on the Home page says 60.

Regards,

Scott

Hmmm.... I have not moved up to 5x yet, so I may not be of much help.

Are you running WCS on Linux or windows? Have you restarted the service or rebooted since?

It almost sounds like a bug. See CSCsk17031

CSCsl51188, CSCsl53612, CSCsl98668 from http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/release/notes/WCS_RN5_0.html#wp44532

Hi Eric,

Its a Linux system.

I tried restarting the service and rebooting - neither made any difference I'm afraid.

Thanks for trying

Regards,

Scott.

I've discovered I can get to the expected data if I select 'Monitor','Security'the click on the number of "Unclassified Rogues".

It sounds like a bug indeed.

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card