Views
Helpful
Replies

Not getting a presence status on CUPC

sshams007
Level 1
Level 1

Not getting a presence status on CUPC.

We can dial outside but we cannot get the presence states.Everything in the Presence shows up fine no errors whatsoever.Any suggestions on this??

Regards,

Shams

15 Replies 15

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

are you running the latest CUPC version??

there were several bugs on earlier releases that caused that

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi ,

We are running Callmanager 6.0 and Presence 6.0.1 and we tried both 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 which is the latest CUPC client versions but still no presence states showing up?

Kindly suggest what needs to be done on this as all our confgurations are correct see no errors .

Kind Regards,

Shams

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

same issue. running latest version at cucm 6.1

Hi,

Here is a couple of things that you can check

- Check "allow subscription" is set to yes in the CUCM.

- Check that each user have "digest credential" and "associated PC" set to anything (doesn't matter)

- Check that each DN have "associate end user" at the botom of the page (in the CUCM)

Try with this maybe

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00808a2b0d.shtml#presence

Please let me know

Fabian

Greetings Fabian,

Thanks so much for the link.

Will check and revert back to you on this with the update.

However would like to know if it is mandatory to have an LDAP integration for the presence to show up as currently we have only created local end users in our CUCM for testing purpose ,no LDAP integration presently done.

Kind Rgds,

Shams

Its not mandatory. LDAP is only used for searching for contacts. But you cant add the contact to your buddy list if LDAP is not working. My client did not have LDAP running, so I pointed it to the Unity Voicemail only domain and used that LDAP. Added the contacts in and it works fine.

You're welcome.

By the way, ldap integration is not mandatory.

You can use the local directory of the CUCM.

Fabian

Actually, no you cant use the local directory. Cisco told me this. You have to use some sort of LDAP directory, CUCM on 5/6. CUPC will still work without LDAP, but you cant add to your buddy list, etc. Presence of phones probably will not work, etc

Hello,

I had a problem with no presence being shown in CUPC and followed your advice by adding dummy information in the Digest Credential and Associated PC fields for the user. It did the trick!

But what interests me is why this is necessary? Does the CUPC or CUPS actually use the Digest Credentials at any time?

How come this is not mentioned Ciscos documenatation for CUPS or CUPC?

Thanx in advance!

/Zvonny

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

So here is what I found, with some help from a fellow forum user (thanks mike!)

Digist credentials need to be filled in

In the Presence Engine service parameter "Server contact" It must be filled in with:

172.17.241.10:5070;transport=tcp (your ip of course)

Everything else I would change to IP address if you can. (SIP Proxy, etc) Do not use the server name. Or you can try, but it was not working for us.

cheers

sshams007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

My personal thanks for all those whow replied to this thread.

The CUPC client is finally able to get presence states even without integration with LDAP .

Regards,

Shams

When you say you are getting "presence states" do you get the presence of phones that are associated to users that are not logged into CUPC? I'm trying to determine if in CUPC, like Attendant Console for example, you can see whether someone is on their phone regardless of having CUPC up and running on the user's PC. Is this a feature that I should be looking to CUPC for?

yes, with proper configuration, you would be able to see contact's phone presence regardless they logged into CUPC or not.

There's a very good book has in-depth explanation of this:

http://www.lulu.com/content/5552336

Michael

How were you able to get this to work? When you say presence status are you meaning IM, and click to dial from your CUPC as well?

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: