Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator

muhannad
Level 1
Level 1

Dera All,

I have installed IP Communicator on VPN clinets and it is registered and working properly.

I have configured a Class Search Space (CCS) to control the calls permission per IP phones.

I have applied a CCS which enables calling national numbers on IP Communicator but unfortunatly it can dial only internal extension numbers(no national numbers) knowing it is currently working on IP-Phones.

Is there any additional configurations needed to force IP communicators to follow the configured CSS permission.

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

Mo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

what do you get when you try to call??

you hear the other end rings?

dead air?

rings and then drops?

Your call cannot be completed... ?

under the CIPC preferences make sure the optimiza for low BW is not checked, that forces the call to use G729 and if you do not have XCODERS the call will fail since PSTN expects G711

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

Mo:

Did you try applying CSS of your hard-IP phones to your IP Communicator and see if they can make national calls. That way we can isolate if it is an CSS issue or not?

Sure,

It was applied before on IP-phone and it is working properly now, but when I have applied the same CCS on IP Communcator, it did not work(it behaves as it is not permitted to do this call).

it sems the problem is not on CSS configuration.

Mo

check whether u are able to ping the PC where the ip communicator is installed from the voice gateway.

May be there is no direct connectivity between the voice gateway and ip communicator.

Hi,

IP communicator is installed on pc which can reach the voice gateway and vice versa.

it will check the CCM for a call routing,then the call manger will reroute the call to the voice gateway.

Regards,

MO

what do you get when you try to call??

you hear the other end rings?

dead air?

rings and then drops?

Your call cannot be completed... ?

under the CIPC preferences make sure the optimiza for low BW is not checked, that forces the call to use G729 and if you do not have XCODERS the call will fail since PSTN expects G711

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: