cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed to enable Cisco Discovery Protocol.

jgreer429
Level 1
Level 1

I want to enable CDP for LWAPP on code 5.0.148.0 so from the switch command prompt I can do a sh cdp nei to see what access points are on what ports.

I have three 3750 controllers that are configured via WCS and at one time CDP was enabled on the LWAPP. Now I cannot enable it.

"Failed to enable Cisco Discovery Protocol. Global CDP on the controller xxx.xx.xx.xx is disabled.

On the controller I try to enable global cdp and I get an error dialog box that says "CDP is not supported on this controller"

3 Replies 3

jgreer429
Level 1
Level 1

login to the controller via ssh or telnet and type the following:

config ap cdp enable all

remember to save your config.

Make sure the switches you have your AP's in will support POE for both radios and CDP neighbor.

Otherwise you will have enough power for the AP to be on but the radios wont work. Don't ask how I found that out.

basically check and make sure all your switches / blades will supply all the juice you will need.

Do you have a Wireless LAN Controller or WCS?

I posted a reply to my question and answered it myself.

BTW if you do not have enough DC power the AP does not come up, it goes into an endless reboot. I know I have an older 10/100 blade on a CAT 4507.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card