Views
Helpful
Replies

CER with multiple 911 route points

emikelso
Level 4
Level 4

I have CER 2.0.3 with CUCM 4.2.3

I have a centralized cluster with multiple SRST sites. Can I have multiple 911 CTI Route Points registered to the CER user and CER server?

I need to be able to have multiple route points because I need to customize the forward on failure to the locale 911 gateway, providing the actual building address. From what I'm seeing, I can only have 1 911 route point associated and registered at a time. I also have my 913XXXXXXXXXX route point associated.

I'm having trouble getting an answer from TAC. Anyone have any ideas? Also, if I can only have 1 route point, are there any suggestions on how to route the call out the proper gateway if the CER server were to go down?

4 Replies 4

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Use a translation for that css/pt. So when the remote site dials 911, it will translate to 912 or something into CER. CER will handle it from there then.

t.henry
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever find a satisfactory solution to this problem? I am have the same design question. With a single CTI route point, I need a solution to the local gateway routing issue during CER failure.

Thanks.

There is no possible solution to how we want to design it. When CER is working, then yes, it supports multiple sites. However, if CER fails and Call Manager stays active, there is only one possible route point and one foward on failure option.

One thing to think of is SRST. If, by chance, you have the situation where the CER server and ALL Call Manager servers fail, then your remote sites will be in SRST, thus the 911 call will go out the local PRI or analog port (if you have those at each site)

Otherwise, it's not supported. Good luck!

All,

This will finally be solver in CM 7.0 due out this fall. CM 7.0 introduces a feaure called "local route groups", where one configures Device Pools and points them to local route groups, this way you will have a single default fail 911 route pattern and instead of poiting directly to route list/route group it will point to a route list that has system default local route group listed.

I've actually verified that it will indeed resolve the CER default routing caveat by labbing it out.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: