cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Missed Calls not shown on Cisco IP Phone

constantinos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I need some help with the following issue. When i am in an active call and someone else is calling me on, i hear the call waiting beep and i see the calling number on my screen. If i do not answer the call i can see the missed call appearing on my screen while i continue talking. When i finally place the handset on hook the 1 Missed Call message disappears and all i get on my screen is the system message. This has been reported from various clients running either CCM4 or CCM5. Is there a way to make the missed calls notice appear after i hangup my active call?

Thank you.

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, I think, the only case in which this can be a problem, is if it happens while you were away from phone while in a call. Anyway what matters most is that the missed call shows in directory.

DavidPeter
Level 1
Level 1

Are hitting "divert" when the call is coming in? If this is the case then you are not missing the call you diverting it and the phone registers it that way.

Nothing is pressed. As soon as the handset is placed on the phone the missed call message disappears and the system message appears on the screen. And YES i can see the missed calls from the Directories but i also want to see the message on the screen.

any solution for this? i'm running cucm 7.1.5

derveniss
Level 1
Level 1

Anybody?

So I tested this and it happens in 7.1 also. Really what is happening is when

the call comes in and you are on a call the phone knows you are there. So when you ignore the call the phone knows you are on a active call so when you do not answer it it will leave the message on while still on the call but when you hit the hook switch it clears it.

For example: I am away from my desk and I miss a call. The phone shows the missed call  but if I lift the reciever and put it back down the missed call message goes away.

Example2: I am on a call adn another one comes in. I see it but ignore it and the caller hangs up. I show a missed call but as soon as I put the reciever down or if using a headset push the button on it and the lifter hangs up then I have just reset the hook switch and the missed call message is gone.

Does that make sense? It is how it works. The way the phone knows you have seen the missed call is by weather the hook switch has been clicked or not. ( by hook switch I mean the switch the handset clicks up and down when you lift or set the handset back down)

Hope this helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: