cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using LMS 2.6 to upload/download to 3560 using ssh

czarman
Level 1
Level 1

We configured a client on ACS 3.3 to access the 3560 using ssh. Now i want to use LMS to make config changes, download software, etc. I created an account on ACS & edited the device credentials in the device center but, can't download ios using rme 4.05. Any help would be appreciated?

thanks,

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will need to go to RME > Admin > Software Mgmt > View/Edit Preferences, and check the enable SSH box. Then, RME will use SSH when it needs to work interactively with a device. For a 3560, RME will log into the device either via telnet or SSH (based on that checkbox), then perform a copy on the switch.

I tried that & it still won't work. I'm not sure what is missing.

You will need to enable SoftwareManagement debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Loglevel Settings. Then re-run your job. The job directory under NMSROOT\files\rme\jobs\swim will have the details as to what is going wrong.

Ok, it took a while but, I got the log. When i turn off ssh I can download software to the same switch w/o any problems. I've attached the log. What do you think?

According to this, SSH authentication is failing. Make sure you have configured the same username and password configured for this device in DCR. Note: where as telnet can be successfully authenticated with a password alone, SSH requires both a username and a password.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: