cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change IP address on Publisher in cluster

jeckert
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer CallManger 4.2 cluster. We will be readdressing the publisher to a new IP. Does anyone know of a document with the steps to re home the subscribers?

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

We have successfully used the steps in this doc;

Changing the IP Address for Cisco Unified CallManager / Unified Communications Manager

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094601.shtml

Note: If you have Subscribers, when you change the IP address of the Publisher, you need to edit the LMHOST files in the Subscribers to the new IP address

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks!

Excellent document Rob. I did read the document and did not find it all inclusive as I would have expected from cisco. It does reference your JTAPI integration, Unity integration, and even your DHCP option 150 but nothing about your gateways. If you are using an H323 gateway your voip dial-peers will have to reflect the new ip and if using mgcp, portions of your configuration would have to change as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: