cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Set up Catalyst 1900 switch Problem

dottore11
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys, I'm kind of a new network tech here, studying for a CCNA at the moment, but I've been requested by a company I am working for to help set up a simple 1900 switch for the following setup:

The company has existing wiring infrastructure leading to various routers/switches in a closet, but location wise, the client has 2 clients that both need network access in an area with only one network jack. We have several 1900 switches just sitting around here waiting to be used, so I figured that this would be a good use for one; hooking the switch up to the jack and plugging the two clients into the switch. However, I can't seem to get it to work. Could someone give me a quick overview of what steps would be necessary to set it up? As far as the uplink port and necessary settings.. Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

1 Reply 1

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Go through the configuration guide for 1900 catalyst switch(available in the following url) which will be help you in configuring and making the required settings.

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps574/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card