cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5520 to PIX

fraadmin4601
Level 1
Level 1

How do I migrate configurations from ASA5520 to PIX515E.

4 Replies 4

allanc_16
Level 1
Level 1

You can export the configuration of the ASA to a TFTP server using the command "write net" and then import the configuration to the PIX using the command "configure net".

But I would suggest that whatever version you have running on the ASA is the same one running on the PIX.

like the previous poster says,make sure you have the same major/minor version of OS running on both firewalls.

Also, note that PIX doesn't support ssl vpn's with any OS.

I've never had to 'downgrade' from ASA to PIX, but when upgrading to ASA from PIX, i've found the safest way is to copy/paste the existing config section by section into the new device, that way you can account for any problems easily.

Thank you everyone for the replies. If I don't have the same versions of the OS on both ASA and PIX, can I still use section by section copy paste?

You sure can. That is where Srue was talking about problems. If a variable in the ASA is not exactly the same in the pix, you'll need to know and work it out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: