cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which OID will help me to calculate jitter,delay.packet loss of voip networ

shivaniwagh
Level 1
Level 1

Help me to get the exact OID from rttMonMIB to calculate the delay,jitter & packet loss.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For Jitter have a look at the objects under the rttMonJitterStatsTable

For packetloss look at rttMonJitterStatsPacketLossSD and rttMonJitterStatsPacketLossDS

For delay:

rttMonLatestJitterOperOWSumSD rttMonLatestJitterOperOWSum2SD

rttMonLatestJitterOperOWMinSD

rttMonLatestJitterOperOWMaxSD rttMonLatestJitterOperOWSumDS rttMonLatestJitterOperOWSum2DS rttMonLatestJitterOperOWMinDS rttMonLatestJitterOperOWMaxDS rttMonLatestJitterOperNumOfOW

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseMIB.do?local=en&step=2&submitClicked=true&mibName=CISCO-RTTMON-MIB#contents

Thanks

But any one of the OID can be the data for delay??

for jitter I have used this rttMonLatestJitterOperMaxOfPositivesSD & rttMonLatestJitterOperMaxOfNegativesSD as well for rttMonLatestJitterOperMaxOfPositivesDS & rttMonLatestJitterOperMaxOfNegativesDS

I have one more query.I am not able to understand the Jitter Stats Table,as it gives two values.Ex.

snmpwalk $ip 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.42.1.3.5.1.12

Result:

cisco.ciscoMgmt.42.1.3.5.1.12.2.4214297322 : Counter: 148

cisco.ciscoMgmt.42.1.3.5.1.12.2.4214657322 : Counter: 11

Please help me to understand this,why it gives two values.?

Thanks,

Shivani

How many jitter operations have you configured? It looks like 2 as there are 2 different indices above -- 4214297322 and 4214657322

These each are the sum of number of all positive jitter values from packets sent from source to destination

Yes the MIB of rttMonJitterStats gives me the values for the two indices.I have no idea why its giving two.for latest it gives for only one..

Hi Shivani,

Some of these entries hold information for two hours, witht the statistics being grouped together over 60 minutes, hence the 2 sets of values.

The last value is the most current. These are then moved to the other entry and are removed from table after 120 minutes. i.e. a 'sliding window'.

HTH,

Mark

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card