Views
Helpful
Replies

2621 --Router keeps decompressing the image

hassan_syed6
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Cisco 2621 but after loading the IOS i am getting alot of problems. I successfully loaded the IOS from rommon> Mode but Router keeps " decompressing" the image with some errors. Can someone guide.

I can go into the rommon> mode when i do Ctrl + C...Searched the cisco site but no explanation or ideas as to how to correct this problem. Thanks,,,

program load complete, entry point: 0x80008000, size: 0xae705c

Self decompressing the image : ###################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################### [OK]

Smart Init is disabled. IOMEM set to: 10

Configured I/O memory percentage was too large. Using 10 percent iomem.

%Software-forced reload

Nested exception_rom_monitor call (2 times)

Unexpected exception to CPUvector 1100, PC = 0

-Traceback= 0 802A7D88 802A9F00 802A8664 8034E898 8034E964 8034FA9C

Nested exception_rom_monitor call (3 times)

-Traceback= 0 8034E964 8034FA9C

*** System received a SegV exception ***

signal= 0xb, code= 0x1100, context= 0x81e75138

PC = 0x0, Vector = 0x1100, SP = 0x81e76374

System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(10r)1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

TAC Support: http://www.cisco.com/tac

Copyright (c) 2002 by cisco Systems, Inc.

C2600 platform with 32768 Kbytes of main memory

program load complete, entry point: 0x80008000, size: 0xae705c

Self decompressing the image : ###################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################### [OK]

Smart Init is disabled. IOMEM set to: 10

Configured I/O memory percentage was too large. Using 10 percent iomem.

%Software-forced reload

Nested exception_rom_monitor call (2 times)

-Traceback= 0 802A7D88 802A9F00 802A8664 8034E898 8034E964 8034FA9C

Nested exception_rom_monitor call (3 times)

-Traceback= 0 8034E964 8034FA9C

*** System received a SegV exception ***

signal= 0xb, code= 0x1100, context= 0x81e75138

PC = 0x0, Vector = 0x1100, SP = 0x81e76374

Thanks,

Hassan...

5 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The router doesn'tt have enough memory for the image you're trying to load. You will need a memory upgrade, or load an older/smaller image.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

Hassan,

Memory only comes into play when the image is decompressed, as the router copies the image from the flash to DRAM during boot process. As Paolo stated try another image that fits within your available memory or upgrade the memory to run this image.

HTH

Sundar

evsrajatgupta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Hassan,

(Please rate)

You have 32 MB of Dram in our router and you should load IOS with respect to your hardware.

Ues the below link to find the detail about IOS release

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/products_ios_cisco_ios_software_releases.html

Hi Hassan,

(Please rate)

You can also use the below link to find the right IOS for your router.

http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/Routers.shtml

If appreciated, please rate posts using the scrollbox below.

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The router doesn'tt have enough memory for the image you're trying to load. You will need a memory upgrade, or load an older/smaller image.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hello,

But when i downloaded the IOS, it took it without giving me any errors that not enough Memory or something...You still think smaller IOS is needed

Thanks,

Hassan

Hassan,

Memory only comes into play when the image is decompressed, as the router copies the image from the flash to DRAM during boot process. As Paolo stated try another image that fits within your available memory or upgrade the memory to run this image.

HTH

Sundar

evsrajatgupta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Hassan,

(Please rate)

You have 32 MB of Dram in our router and you should load IOS with respect to your hardware.

Ues the below link to find the detail about IOS release

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/products_ios_cisco_ios_software_releases.html

Hi Hassan,

(Please rate)

You can also use the below link to find the right IOS for your router.

http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/Routers.shtml

Thanks for the help. Appreciate it.

If appreciated, please rate posts using the scrollbox below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card