cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT problems

triadvlad
Level 1
Level 1

I have set up a Cisco ASA 5505 partially. We have internet access and can get out with no problems. We have a web server that is on a 2nd IP address that I need to NAT to the inside. I did this previously on a pix but for the life of me I can't get it to work.

I am not using a DMZ for this. I don't have the time to re-ip the web server to a different subnet. I just need to get this working so the web site is working.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

husycisco
Level 7
Level 7

Hi David,

Here is how-to

static (inside,outside) publicIP webserverip netmask 255.255.255.255

access-list outside_access_in permit tcp any host publicip eq www

access-group outside_access_in in interface outside

"We have a web server that is on a 2nd IP address that I need to NAT to the inside."

If what you mean is, "Your Web server is at inside interface, but not in the same subnet with inside interface IP", then what you have to do is creating sub interfaces. Then place the name of subinterface in above static, instead "inside", and set the gateway of Web server as sub interface's IP

Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

husycisco
Level 7
Level 7

Hi David,

Here is how-to

static (inside,outside) publicIP webserverip netmask 255.255.255.255

access-list outside_access_in permit tcp any host publicip eq www

access-group outside_access_in in interface outside

"We have a web server that is on a 2nd IP address that I need to NAT to the inside."

If what you mean is, "Your Web server is at inside interface, but not in the same subnet with inside interface IP", then what you have to do is creating sub interfaces. Then place the name of subinterface in above static, instead "inside", and set the gateway of Web server as sub interface's IP

Regards

This was what I needed. I figured it out before I got this but your help is much appreciated!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: