cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Pre-Greeting Delay

MMstre
Level 3
Level 3

Has anyone found a solution that will add a delay between the time unity accepts a call and the time the greeting is played. I have a customer who seems to be having trouble transferring directly to voicemail. By the time they hit the transfer buttone the second time, the first few second of the greeting is clipped off. They want to know, short of re-recording greeting to include a delay, if there is someway to configure that delay.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

You can try to edit your Switch configuration.

Start---Programs--unity--edit switch utility

Then go to edit and incoming calls and look at your delay before opening.

This delay applies to both transferred and normal calls to voicemail.

You failed to mention your unity version but the above is for 4.x.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

You can try to edit your Switch configuration.

Start---Programs--unity--edit switch utility

Then go to edit and incoming calls and look at your delay before opening.

This delay applies to both transferred and normal calls to voicemail.

You failed to mention your unity version but the above is for 4.x.

Thank you, this is Unity 4.2. I tried the suggestion and it worked for calls coming directly into Unity, however, not for forwarded calls.

What version of Call Manager are you running? There was a bug in some of the earlier version of Call Manager using the direct transfer to voicemail where the greeting was not reset when hitting the transfer button again to release the call. This issue was found in earlier versions of Call Manager and was fixed in 4.1.3 first service release if I recall and above.

I take it this would be milis so 2000 for 2 second delay. Dont want to have to reboot twice if i can help it.

Hi Guys,

I have just changed the delay before opening to 2000 rebooted but no change then to 3000 again no change. I take it these times are milliseconds. But i tried 3 just to make sure but the problem still exists, With all 3 changes it didn't put a delay in answering the calls???

I'm running CCM6.1.2 and unity 4.1.2

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

The numbers are in ms. What version of TSP in unity are you using? 8.1.3 is suggested. Are your autoattendants delayed by this change?

We are using 8.1.2. We arent using any autoattendants at the moment.

I have just tried a sencond cluster and again no change.

This is the only option. There is no way to reset the greeting when played. After using the edit switch utility, the Unity server must be rebooted. Later versions of unity are supposed to include a mechanism that will restart the greeting, but currently it is not an option. The delay can be set to a few seconds to allow those with slow fingers to transfer the call and have it connect with enough time to connect the transfer and have it catch the entire greetng. Do not set thi too long though, callers may perceive this as a disconnected call and complain (experience).

There is now a way to do this with Unity 4.x. Upgrading to the latest TSP will reestart messages

I'm currenty using CCM6.1.2.1000-13 and Unity 4.2(1), I have checked the TSP ans its version is 8.1(2) and having the same problem

What version are you using to get this to reset the message?

I believe the TSP version is 8.1.3

mkoncurat
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the exact same issue. I've had a TAC case open for sometime on this issue but no resolution. Please post a resolution if you have one. Thanks!

Using CallManager 6.1 and Unity Connection 2.1

I'm running the same version of Call Manager, but Unity Connection 1.2 I think and do not recall having this issue. I will test with 2.1 and see if it is duplicated. I know that it was an issue with earlier version of Call Manager and Unity not Unity Connection.

I found this in another post. It fixed my problem with unity connection 2.1.

Unity Connection Administration >

Telephony Integrations >

Port Group >

SERVER >

Edit >

Advanced Settings >

Delay After Answer = 2000 milliseconds (set to 0 by default) > Save

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: