Views
Helpful
Replies

Telnet to port

goutam_04
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

one of my server is connected in the same network with my Switches. All the ports are open to that Server but I m not able to telnet with the specific port to that server. Can you please help me out on this issue. How do i telnet with a specific port.

5 Replies 5

Istvan_Rabai
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Goutam,

Are your ip addresses configured correctly on the switch and the seerver as well?

Can you ping your server through the switch?

Is your server configured as a Telnet server?

Cheers:

Istvan

hi,

I am able to ping, able to telnet with default telnet port. but only when i m trying to telnet with specific ports its not able to do.

Hi Goutam,

Telnet uses port 23 on the Telnet server side.

When you start the Telnet server process on the Server, it expects telnet traffic to arrive on port 23.

Cheers:

Istvan

yes, it's working fine with port no. 23, but i m trying with another port i.e. 49787 and 49254. Actually the problem i m facing that is One of server is trying to established connection to another server to get the alarm and that connectivity is passing through my network. it was trying to establish connection with ip address 192.27.X.X:49787. But its not getting connected. So I want to test my network there is any problem or not with that port.

Hi Goutam,

If ping is working between the 2 servers, then your network is alright.

One more thing:

You should check if you have an access-list in your switch that denies traffic to the given ip address or the given port numbers or in backward direction.

Otherwise, I think you should look for the error somewhere else.

Cheers:

Istvan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card