Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT in Cisco 3750 Switch

Lavanholy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a peculiar question.That,I have Cisco3750 switch,in which I have created 3 VLANs,named VLAN10,VLAN20 and VLAN 30

Thne in VLAN 10,I have a server with the static IP address in that VLAN subnet,then I have configured VLAN interface 10,20 and 30 for inter VLAN communication.(By enabling the IP routing)

My requirement is the server which is in VLAN 10 has to be natted to VLAN 20 and VLAN 30 Is it possible?Basically a static NATTING.....

Please hep me.

My guess: Basically a VLAN interface is a virtual,it is not a physical,in that case static natting may not be possible.

If it is a physical port,atleast we could convert it as a ROUTED PORT,then atleast we can use the IP NAT inside etc...

Thanks and Regards,

S.Venkataraman.

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 3750 does not support NAT. The only switch that you can still purchase that will do NAT is the 6500 so you may be better off looking to a low end router to do the NAT.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_tech_note09186a008011c629.shtml

Jon

samuelpetrescu
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, Cisco 3750 switches doesn’t support NAT

at all, and is no planning for NAT support.

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I have a peculiar question.That,I have Cisco3750 switch,in which I have created 3 VLANs,named VLAN10,VLAN20 and VLAN 30

Thne in VLAN 10,I have a server with the static IP address in that VLAN subnet,then I have configured VLAN interface 10,20 and 30 for inter VLAN communication.(By enabling the IP routing)

My requirement is the server which is in VLAN 10 has to be natted to VLAN 20 and VLAN 30 Is it possible?Basically a static NATTING.....

Please hep me.

My guess: Basically a VLAN interface is a virtual,it is not a physical,in that case static natting may not be possible.

If it is a physical port,atleast we could convert it as a ROUTED PORT,then atleast we can use the IP NAT inside etc...

Thanks and Regards,

S.Venkataraman.

Hi S.Venkataraman,

Check out the below link with switches details which support NAT Feature Support on Catalyst Switches

http://www.cisco.or.at/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_tech_note09186a008011c629.shtml

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco