cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WISM controller stays "Started KeepAlive"

FRANK SCHADE
Level 1
Level 1

After an upgrade of both controllers on a WiSM module from 4.1.171.0 to 5.0.148.0 the first stays in

"Operational Status of the Controller : Started KeepAlive"

Even after setting to factory defaults or repowering the module.

Any idea what's problem

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How did you perform the upgrade.... from 4.1.171.0 to 5.0.1.148? Or did you upgrade to 4.2 then to 5.0? Verify the service port info and also verify the switch service port vlans. You see this info when you do a show wism status on the switch correct?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

(i) I upgraded direct to 5.0

(ii) the service port is on dhcp but doesnt get an adress anymore

-> I have to use the console

(iii) see attachment

Had to edit this since I was nto looking at your txt file correctly. You don't have an ip address configured for the management ip. You do have your service port configured. You need to console into that WLC and configure the management ip..... Then verify the rest of your configurations.

-Scott

the service port is configured to get an IP from the dedicated management vlan where a local dhcp service is provided.

...and in the meantime after several controller and module resets it works without config changes....

So I'm wondering whether this is usable in an productive environement.

Well since you are using DHCP for you service port, this also means the ip is routable which is not good practice. You need to configure a static ip that is not routable.

-Scott

I went back to 122-18.SXF8 and 4.2.112.0.

Now everything works as promised.

-> Be aware of newest versions...

Good fix.... that is why I haven't deployed any 5.0 code yet.... Issues Issues Issues.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: