Views
Helpful
Replies

phone displays 'error pass limits"

rvincent
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

upgraded customer to 6.1 about 2 weeks ago.

A home user with a 7960 is reporting his phone is not working and it displays "error pass limits".

The phone is set for a max of 10 calls so its not an issue with exceeding call limits.

Anyone know what this is?

Thanks

Rob

3 Replies 3

Steellllllllll0
Level 1
Level 1

Is it permanently displayed or only when he presses a button.If permanent,check all the cabling/floorports,if only when he tries logging in ie.if ext mob is used,then check the line settings.

Please rate post if helps.

Could be a database issue, i've seen this on CCM4.1 where a phone is registered to CCM but doesn't have an extension configured or has an extension on button 2 but not button 1. I assume as you're able to set the max calls then there is an extension associated with the phone. Make sure that this extension is on the first available phone button.

Have you tried removing the extension from the phone and re-adding it? Failing that delete the extension entirely from the unassigned extensions list and re-create it.

If it still doesn't work delete the phone and the extension and re-create.

Regards,

Jono

seems that the extension was unassociated with the phone. How it happened - I don't know. But reassociating the extension to the phone fixed it.

thanks

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: