Views
Helpful
Replies

VG224 voltage during communication

plafontan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I encounter a problem with a VG224. The idle voltage is 19V or 39V, according to "idle-voltage" parameter (high or low).

But during a call, the voltage is 10,4 v at the back of the VG, and less than 10v if my phone if my analog phone is a little bit far.

Some analog equipments (intercoms for lift for example) do not work well in this condition. What can I do to increase voltage of the port during the communication ?

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On the VG224 you can't anything, it is built for "on-premises" only installation.

You could try using certain line conditioners for which I could send a link about, but generally people doesn't like to do that when not sure it will solve the problem 100%.

I am open to test all solutions. If you could give me the URL of the line conditioners.

The bulletin: - you need to be a little hardare oriented to read this

http://www.sandman.com/loopcur.html

What you want is a loop current booster that you will find in the catalogue.

Note I make no promise whatsoever that this will solve your problem, but let us know if it does.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi, really not sure why the low rating to my post that is the only thing could fix your isses, especially after you said "open to all solution".

Please try to use a better attitude in this professionals forum where everyone tried to help the next, and for free.

This said, good luck.

I am sorry, that is my first topic, and I may misunderstand the way to rate the posts. I appreciate your help and your proposition, but I would like to keep the topic open if someone have an other idea. Could I modify the previous topic rate ?

Hi, topics remains always open. There is a short time to edit posts, but nothing else is possible. I knew already that people is hesitant in ordering hardware to fix problems, that's why I had "warned" you before.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: