Views
Helpful
Replies

Error : VLAN Config fetch is not supported using RCP

rajesh1331
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have Configured LMS 2.6 to fetch configs from Cisco Switches. However Iam getting an error like this

" VLAN Config fetch is not supported using RCP.TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 10.50.2.253 - Cause: Authentication failed on device 3 times. VLAN Config fetch is not supported using TFTP.Failed to detect SSH version running on the device. VLAN Config fetch is not supported using SCP."

Iam getting the configurations but not the VLAN config fetch which Iam not Particular about.

Can anyone Guide me .Iam also attaching a screen shot

thanks

Rajesh

2 Replies 2

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

VLAN can only be fetched via telnet, and in this case it looks like telnet authentication is failing to this device.

Can you check and make sure the telnet credentials are correct? Also, you can enable a packet capture to see the login attempts.

Hello Davistan,

Thanks for the reply. I tried changing the credentials but without any success. could you please guide me the method to change those telnet credentials as I beleive iam not doing it right.

Thanks and Rgds

Rajesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: