cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility Bulk Phone Subscribing

steigja
Level 3
Level 3

Is there a way to subscribe multiple phones and device profiles at one time to extension mobility?

11 Replies 11

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes, you can use BAT for that purpose, you can download the XLS file and use it for this.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

I have the BAT but there is no field for subscription to extension mobility.

if you're looking in the update phones you're looking on the wrong part.

the service subscription can only be done when inserting the phones, not when updating

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Javalenc

Thats fine I need to know how to do this front get go. Howexactly do I use the bat tool to subscribe the phones to extension mobility at the start?

The Phone Template it's what you need :

You should create a phone template for each group of "similar" phones to insert or update (I create a Phone Template for each triple Model/Protocol/DevicePool).

In the Phone Template you can subscribe any IP Phone service (as you do on real devices).

In the bulk insertion case you can select the Phone Template from the Drop-down menu in Bulk Administration->Phones->Insert Phones

All the phones inserted will have the Phone Template's service subscriptions.

In the update case, you should get to Bulk Administration->Phones->Update Phones->Query , select the right subset of phones (the ones you want to subscribe to the services), then click Next and check "Add all services from this template", specifying the right template.

For device profiles works the same way replace Phone with UDP in the text :-)

HTH

Alberto

Hi javalenc,

I need additional precisions about your answer. I already installed 3 CUCM 6.1(2) for our customers. I need to deploy a new XML service on all phones, already inserted. There are many deployed phones so I cannot delete them to recreate them after, only for 1 service subscription, because it will break all profile associations.

Why do you say the "Update Phone" action is a wrong way? In previous version, I am pretty sure that "Add all services from this template" was working, but in 6.1(2) it is not. I tested it on my 3 installations and each time I get an error message in the Job scheduler:

SEPXXXXXXXXXXXX Could not position within a file via an index.BAT Exception : UpdatePhone::getTeleSubServicesPkids

I think this is a 6.1 bug, but I cannot find it in the bug search engine.

Before opening a SR, is there someone ables to give me more informations about that?

It could be very helpful if in future CUCM versions, it will be possible to add phones as subscribed from the Service page, exactly as we do for the User groups.

Thank you for your help and feedback.

Yorick

Yorick,

I get the same problem in 6.1.2

SEPXXX

Could not position within a file via an index.BAT Exception : UpdatePhone::getTeleSubServicesPkids

Did you find a workaround?

I've tried to subscribe 7941G, 7941G-GE and 7961G-GE using phone-update query, adding phones from this template but get the above error.

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

what is your ccm version?

in 4.1+ you can use BAT, update phones, use query (or file) then tick IP Services1 with EM

for UDP's, you will have to use AXL SOAP, it's best if the UDP's have no current services...

I know where to buy a tool to bulk subscribe services, email me for details saschamonteiro@hotmail.com

Yorick,

I get the same problem in 6.1.2

SEPXXX

Could not position within a file via an index.BAT Exception : UpdatePhone::getTeleSubServicesPkids

Did you find a workaround?

I've tried to subscribe 7941G, 7941G-GE and 7961G-GE using phone-update query, adding phones from this template but get the above error.

Hi,

I finally opened a SR and TAC confirmed me that unfortunately it is a well-known bug of the 6.1.x releases.

This is the bug ID: CSCsq10764

Normally an ES build of CUCM 6.1.2 resolving this bug should be released before July.

Good luck :).

Yorick

Thanks for the reply Yorick.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: