cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

phone keeps ringing after shows connected

tony.hanson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a strange problem here, when I call the into a customer's office the phone keeps ringing, but on my cell phone it shows connected. The customer staes they pick up the phone but cannot hear anything. They hang the phone back up and it rings again. They have a 2801 router with 4 fxo card in it and we're using H323. Any thoughts? This is a new setup with 12 remotes sites and all of them are using the same configuration xcept for IP addresses, and they are not reporting any problems. Here's what I have under the voice port:

voice-port 0/0/0

trunk-group ANALOG

connection PLAR 8400

caller-id enable

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, can you use "connection plar opx" please ?

This way router doesn't answer until the person answers. Also please check that you have codec g711u in the DP going to CM.

The you may run anyway in disconnect supervision problems, but check the above first.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

I tried adding that under the voice port and still same issue, and yes it's G711. What happens is the line keeps ringing on user's phone after customer picks up phone.

Do you have the same IOS on this site as on the others ? Is the GW configuration on the CM the same ?

Yes, TAC is looking into right now, 50% of calls are being lost. I will post with solution with TAC figures it out.

Thanks for your replies

Hi. pls post your reply after solution found out.

Regards

Esa

We upgreded from 12.4(19) to 12.4(15t) and it worked, I guess we ran across a bug, I had a 2801 router with ip advance services.

Problem resolved. The funny thing is the other remotes all have this ios and router and there not having the problem.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for posting back with your resolution! 5 points for letting others know this info for future reference :)

Take care,

Rob

Absolutely, I've rated the update as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: