cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unregistered phone behavior

ciscoforum
Level 1
Level 1

A basic question: if a phone happened to be unregistred from the CCM, will the call to this ext goes to its vm? thanks

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi CF,

This feature was not added until CCM 4.2(1) and CCM 6.x :(

Cisco Unified CallManager 4.2 introduces the Call Forward Unregistered (CFUR) feature as a way to reroute calls placed to a temporarily unregistered destination phone. The configuration of CFUR consists of two main elements:

Destination selection

When the DN is unregistered, calls can be rerouted to either of the following destinations:

Voicemail

Calls can be sent to voicemail by selecting the voicemail checkbox and configuring the CFUR calling search space to contain the partition of the voicemail pilot number.

A directory number used to reach the phone through the PSTN

From this SRND Guide;

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_2/srnd4_2/uc4_2/42dialpl.htm#wp1043810

Hope this helps!

Rob

So without this CFUR, caller will get busy if the called phone is unregistered even forward busy and no-answer set to vm?

Hi CF,

Yes, sorry that is most correct :( The caller will recieve a "fast busy" tone.

Take care,

Rob

if by some reason you set the phone to CFA before it got unregistered that does work

but in any other scenario as Rob mentions only CFUR works and it's not in all the CUCM releases as Rob explained

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

I'm trying to do something a little bit diferent but struglling with a very similar problem.

I have Callmanager 5.1.3.

When a internal user calls a DDI wich corresponds to an internal extension in a remote site, I use a translation pattern and transform the dialed DDI into the internal extension.

This way I will minimize unnecessary PSTN calls, forcing them to be placed through the WAN with no charge.

The problem is that when the remote site is on SRST I will simply not be able to reach it, since even if I call it through the DDI it will be transformed into the extension and I'll get a "not available" tone.

I've tried to create another translation pattern which transgforms the extension back to the DDI and goes directly to the PSTN via a different Calling Search Space (CSS).

The problem is that In my inicial CSS I first transform the DDI into extension. Then Search the extension, and since the extension, although not beeing available is created in the Callmanager, I imediatelly get the "not available" tone and the Callmanager never gets to search the next partition where the translation pattern to transform the extension into the DDI is placed.

Doe's anyone have any idea on how to resolve this problem?

BR to all,

Pedro

Try to think of it a different way. Route Lists and Route Groups can provide you call redundancy for forcing the call on-net.

Match with a route pattern the directs the call to a route list. In the route list target 2 route groups. One makes the called party transformation and puts the call to a on-net trunk. The second can called party transform to a PSTN call and direct to your gateway. (Your can preference order route lists/route groups, giving you the redundancy you need - unlike translation patterns)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: