Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installaing Unified Communications Manager 6.0.1 and Unity Connection 2.0

Hi Team,

I am trying to install Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.0.1 Business Edition and Cisco Unity Connection 2.0 as co-resident applications on the MCS-7825H3 Servers.

When I start the installation I get 2 options to select between Unified Communications Manager and the Cisco Unity Connection, however when I complete the installation of one of these applications and want to install the second one the existing one gets overwritten thereby the server has either Cisco Unity Connection or Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.0.

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Sriharshaa Prabhakar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the problem is most probably you do not have enough memory or CPU to support both apps, the install disks check the server capabilities and if does not detect the requirements for both apps to run at the same time you only get the option to install 1.

if you DO have the resources then you should get the 3 options

CUCM

CUC

CUCM and CUC

you would need AT LEAST 4 GIGs in RAM, that's why we provide some servers specifically for BE

7828 is a powered up 7825 for the sole purpose of providing the necessary resources to run the apps without any CPU or memory issues and some extra resources.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the problem is most probably you do not have enough memory or CPU to support both apps, the install disks check the server capabilities and if does not detect the requirements for both apps to run at the same time you only get the option to install 1.

if you DO have the resources then you should get the 3 options

CUCM

CUC

CUCM and CUC

you would need AT LEAST 4 GIGs in RAM, that's why we provide some servers specifically for BE

7828 is a powered up 7825 for the sole purpose of providing the necessary resources to run the apps without any CPU or memory issues and some extra resources.

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Thanks a lot for this information

Regards,

Sriharshaa Prabhakar