Simulation Software for BSCI

Unanswered Question
Apr 10th, 2008

I am sure this has been covered in a thread previously but I wanted to get some definitive clarification...

I am studying towards the BSCI and using CCNP BSCI Official Exam Certification Guide, Fourth Edition as my training material.

I want to use some simulating software like Boson (I used Boson for my NA and seemed ok) but I dont know what the latest version is and whether there is anything better?

I cant afford to buy kit and rack time online wont be ideal as I cant guarantee that I will be able to get my hands on practise within a week/month etc as I have work which takes up a lot of my time. For this reason I thought simulating software will be good as I can use it in my own time.

Can anyone recommend any decent sim software?

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
CISCODAWG Fri, 04/11/2008 - 05:31

I used Boson for my CCNA studies which I found to be satisfactory. I am currently using the Boson NetSim for CCNP 7.0 to prepare for the 642-901 exam. While it is helpful in practicing router configurations, it also has its limitations...not all of the commands advertised have full functionality.

I have read other posts that mention a router simulator called Dynamips. I believe it is a free download, but you need an IOS...might be something worth looking in to.

Pavel Bykov Sun, 04/13/2008 - 13:45

Dynamips with dynagen is the best combination around.

What you really need is GNS3:

http://www.gns3.net/

It's free and open source. But it's a COMPLETE emulation of real routers! All commands work! Real IOS runs there.

Actions

This Discussion