Views
Helpful
Replies

LLQ on cisco 877

rlourenco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a C877 (running c870-advipservicesk9-mz.124-15.T4.bin)and have established a DSL connection and on top of it an IPSEC tunnel.

Everything is working fine in terms of IP connectivity. Additionally, I've configured LLQ and applied it under the PVC. I've also added qos preclassify command under the crypto map in order to have classification done prior to tunnel encapsulation.

The problem is that although the configuration seems fine, traffic is not being classified correctly. I've tried several configurations but the end result was always the same ... traffic not being classified correctly.

What could be the reason? Are there any known (or unknown) restrictions for this configuration on C877?

Thanks and Regards,

Ricardo

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How you're classifying traffic ?

Hi,

I've tried to classify in several ways ... by IP, by IP precedence ... but the result was always the same. It seems classification is not taken into consideration.

Im also using qos-preclassify command under the cryptomap configuration.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Ricardo

denism-branttel
Level 1
Level 1

Exactly the same problem. Router does not classify traffic in DSL(PPPoE)+IPSEC configuration. QoS seems to be broken on 870 with this IOS.

Hi,

I've noticed the following:

In a working LLQ configuration when I issue the show queueing interface the output says ... Queueing strategy: Class-based queueing

But on the 877M when I issue the same command it shows ... Queueing strategy: weighted fair

This seems to be inline with the results obtained ... but it wasn't the expected behavior. What could be the problem? Is it possible that these configurations are not possible in pppoe environments?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Ricardo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card