cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client

ergamusai
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to set up an 1811 Cisco router to accept VPN connections. I created a group, provided a pre-shared key.

I try to connect with my PC (XP) using Cisco VPN Client but at the hypterminal window I see the message

%CRYPTO-6-IKMP_NOT_ENCRYPTED: IKE packet from 10.250.24.25 was not encrypted and it should've been.

I believe I should use another VPN Client, from what I saw while researching online it was Cisco Secure VPN client that supports pre-shared keys, but I can't find this software for download anywhere.

Could you please suggest me a VPN Client that I could use, if this is my problem, or please suggest what could be my problem.

Thanks in advance

Erga

2 Replies 2

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

Make sure that the Access Control Lists (ACLs) configured for the crypto map are mirror images of each other at opposite VPN endpoints. For example, if you have the access-list command on VPN router A, then VPN router B would need to be configured identically.

For an explanation of common debug error messages used in resolving IPSec issues, refer to

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_tech_note09186a00800949c5.shtml

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I'm trying to connect a PC (Windows XP) with a router. I was able to connect.

The thing is that if I use a dhcp pool, the PC doesn't get an IP. If i use a local pool it gets the IP, but it doesnt connect to the internal network the router is connected to.

I use FE 2 to create the VPN Connection

FE 1 is configured with another IP, and I need to access the network after FE 1.

It doesn't happen with the local pool.