cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SCCP or MGCP for VG224

SBCdd7343
Level 1
Level 1

If you all would, I would appreciate your opinions as to if I should configure a new VG224 as SCCP or MGCP (for UCM6.1). We will have analog phones, faxes and modems but do not require supplementary services. Only dialtone, fax and modem passthrough. Is SCCP supported with UCM6.1? On the router running 12.4(9)T the sccp "version" command only had up to ccm 4.3)

If you prefer one over the other for above requirenments, please provide specifics on why thats the best choice.

Also, we tried to get this up as SCCP in our lab with UCM6.1 (but continued to get registration failed). We we setup as mgcp, it registered right away.

Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pklos
Level 4
Level 4

If you want to use faxes use MGCP - no problems guaranteed ;)

--

regards,

PK

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

pklos
Level 4
Level 4

If you want to use faxes use MGCP - no problems guaranteed ;)

--

regards,

PK

I need to convert from SCCP to MGCP - is there any docs on this or hints

thanks

Configuring the Cisco IOS MGCP Gateway

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008017787b.shtml

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I`ve located that doc - thanks but I need to be shown how to remove router as SCCP so it is clean for MGCP, the voice port are still there and I can not delete them. When I configure MGCP and I add the commend CCM-MAMAGER SERVER X.X.X.X can carry out the commend ccm-manager config to down load the config. Should I see the whole MGCP options in the router?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: