Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Communications Manager Business Edition and voice gateways

jachowda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am having the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition. And my query is "i need a gateway(Router) which will support 250 users".

Cost is the factor.

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

You would have to put some business planning. Here are some of key factors

1. Number of concurrent calls

2. Does it need be act as "SRST"

3. Do you need any analog connections

Thanks for your reply.

I need a gateway which supports 250 users.

It doesn't need to act as a SRST.

We do not need any analog connections.

Please help me in finding a gateway router...

Your are contradicting your self i think there. It needs to support 250 users but doesnt need to be SRST ? Surely if your using CMBE you need a srst as you will not have any redundancy. If you want 250 users support then you need a 3825ISR. check the link below it has the specs of each:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5854/product_data_sheet0900aecd80169812.pdf

HTH

Matt

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have one more query...

On which basis we need to select the Gateway Router? Is there any guide lines through which we can select an exact Gateway router for my scenario.

For example: From 250 to 500 users, use xxxx gateway, from 500 to 1000 users, use another gateway?

If you can please provide me a document which explains the same.

If you can take a look at that link i provided above it shows at the bottom how many phones each gateway supports. That is why i selected the switch i did as it supported over 250 phones in SRST Mode.

HTH

Matt

hi

check yourself as follows:

How many telecom lines you are planning to connect to your IPT network?

Is it analog /isdn (bri) or T1/E1?

How much PVDM capacity you need? this depends upon again how many concurrent calls will be in need.

rgds-jay

Dubai

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: