Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection my Home Cisco Router to the Internet

newnetman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

May i once again ask anyone to please take me through how to configure my Router, so that i can have internet access through the router or to even remotely access my home lab while away?.

I have the following in my lab, 3640s fully loaded and 2611XMz. I have an ADSL internet connection currently, but don't know how to go about it.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

newnetman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I still strongly believed that there is someone out there who is capable of helping me out with my initial request.

Please help me if you are the one.

Assistance to this request shall be HIGHLY appreciated.

Regards

Newnetman

I don't know if this will help but I set up a VPN to my desktop at home and VPN onto the desktop, via the internet, to access my Cisco switch and router. I did it this way as opposed to NAT'ing onto the router/switch via my internet connection as the VPN to desktop allows me to use console connections as well as telnet to my mini-testbench.

The biggest problem is not having a remote APC switch, if I need to power on/off any of the Cisco devices I have to get my wife to do it for me :) The desktop's OK because it has WOL, if only my old Cisco kit had WOL!

I'm sure there are better ways of doing it but if you'd like any help form an amature please let me know.

Cheers

Peter

Hello Peter,

I am most grateful for the response and would be glad if you can please guide the way through to get this done.

Kind Regards

Mail me your setup at peter.ward@uk.telehouse.net and we'll can see what we can do.

Cheers

Peter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card