Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Disconnect after 30Min

Ralf.Bopp
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

a costumer has an analog phone connected to an ata186.

When he is calling out and the call lasts longer den 30Min , the call gets automaticaly disconnected.

The IP-Phones work without problems.

Is there a timer which disconnects calls after a period of time, especially for ata's ?

I found a maximum call duration timer, but that timer is set on 360Min.

Thanks for help

17 Replies 17

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

On the router that the ATA is conencted to do this:

show voice call sum

Make a test call.

continue repeating this command: show voice call sum.

The output it generates should you an indication about the problem.

cbalbuena
Level 1
Level 1

Was there a solution found regarding this issue? I'm currently using ATA186 in conjuction to a polycom SoundStation2W. Calls are drop consistantly. But if I place an IP conference phone on that same port there are no problem.s

I'm sorry but no solution was found.

I am having the same issue, did anyone find a solution yet?

We were having a problem with ATA's and after 30 minutes it would reset, thus dropping the call.

What we found (I read the answer somewhere) that it was because we only had one of the two ports on the ATA configured. We configured both ports on the ATA and this resolved our issue.

Hope this helps you (we had issues with this for quite a while before tracking it down).

Jon

Did someone already call TAC about this issue?

This sounds like bug, isn't it?

Nick

Dear All,

Yes, it is CM bug, it was found in CM 5.1(3)Es1106, after I upgraded CM to ES4102, this issue is fixed, the ATA does not drop call after upgrade proces.

Michael.

Hello Iwai

BugID was not found though the release note of "ES4102" was seen. Please teach bugID.

I don't know the bug ID in ES1106, but the issue was solved after the system was upgraded to ES4102.

I am surprised its a bug, it actually is a configuraion issue on the ATA! You need to configure the second port on the ATA, otherwise in the middle of a call, the ATA attempts to configure the 2nd port and resets itself, hence your call drops. I have had th is problem with one of my customer and the solution was to configure the 2nd port on the ATA

Please rate all useful posts

I have an ATA with the same problem on 6.1.3. I will config the second port and see if it goes away.

Thanks for everyone

It has recovered when the second port is set :D

Yes configuring the 2nd port fixed for me.

How did you configure the second port? I did with a number that is not used in my pool of #'s and it still drops after 20 minutes now, weird?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: