cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express 5.0 Queue Alert Question

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

I have a customer that is requesting a Queue Alert while a call is in queue. Currently, I have a step in my script that does a place call to a shared extension of all my agent phones. This lets them know that a call is being queued. Now they want to take it a step further. They want this extension to constantly flash until the call is answered out of the queue. This means that somethings has to check into the queue every X seconds and see if anything is in that queue and place a call to that extension. Once the queue drops to 0 then the call to the shared extension should be terminated. Can someone tell me how to accomplish this?

2 Replies 2

d.gavin
Level 1
Level 1

Kelvin,

I did this for one of my customers. Quirky, but it works.

I created a script, I named it "Queue.Notify.aef", that goes out and checks on calls in queue for a specific queue (or multiple queues), and will do a "Place Call" to the shared extension similar to your application.

I then created an application called "Queue Notify", using this "Queue.Notify.aef" script.

To get it to constantly execute is the key. To do this I created an HTTP trigger for this application, and then set an "Idle URL" on a spare phone to point at the "HTTP Trigger" evry 12 seconds".

It works just fine and basically checks 5 times a minute for any calls in queue for the queues you specified in your script.

The down side to this is you need to have a phone sitting around that will execute the Idle URL for you.

Good Luck,

Dan

I think I may have come up with a solution. Looking for comments. In my script i've made the follow modifications.

Before:

When a call goes to the queue step and is placed on hold, orginally I had a delay statement for 10 seconds. The I placed to call off hold and played a prompt. Once prompt was over, I then sent call to a queue loop label that put the call back on hold and delay for 30 seconds. After 30 seconds, the call went off hold and other message was played and looped back to hold again and delayed for 30 more seconds. This occured until an agent becomes available.

After:

Now what I did was removed the delay steps and replaced it with the placed call steps. I know that this step will wait and ring a phone for X seconds. So I decided, why not use this as the delay step. After the hold in the first part of the script, I did a place call for 5 seconds. Unhold and played prompt. When call went to hold again, I did another place call this time for 30 seconds. This looped until call was answered and every the call was placed on hold it flashed the line for X seconds.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: