cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 6.1 Installation problem at IBM Server x3250

Support Albakom
Level 3
Level 3

We wan't to install an CUCM6.1 at an IBM x3250 Server.

It looks good until the system should start to copy files at the server.

After input all configuration data, the system starts an xserver with a mask to install a redhat operating system!

Thats very abnormally, is it?

Nothing like this is described at the installation manual. The system should copy files at the disks instead.

We test the original DVD from installation package at a VMWare and there it works fine.

We also look at the compability matrix for the server model and CUCM Version and theres also no conflict.

somebody knows how to help?

3 Replies 3

chad.shepherd
Level 1
Level 1

I'm havig the same issue. Did you ever figure it out?

With the help from Cisco TAC we solved it. The problem was the IBM Server. The customer has bought it with a normal CD-Drive and not a DVD-Drive. A DVD-Drive connected via USB didn't work. Also a internal DVD- Drive we put into the server instead of the CD-Drive also didn't work, because it was not the rigth model. I don't understand why Cisco can't apply such simply things like a USB-Drive to its appliance. However, we put the right DVD- Drive into the server and it works. Read the compability matrix very exactly and compare with your hardware.

Thanks for the info. The server I'm building is an MCS server from Cisco, so we don't have a hardware issue. I was trying to load CUCM via an ILO virtual DVD drive. It would appear that anything other that the physical drive on the server will allow for a CUCM install. Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: