Views
Helpful
Replies

Corporate Directory search on two clusters

rcarrijoesilva
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm about to connect two CUCM 5.1.3 clusters via intercluster trunk and my customer is worried about the integration of the user database of these two clusters. They want to browse the Corporate Directory as if the two clusters were one, I mean, they want useer databases unified.

Does anyone know how can I implement it ?

The only thing that may work is to feed one cluster with user information from both clusters, and point the URL directory of both clusters to that one that has been fed with all user data, so the user can search the directory and dial to anyone directly, regardless of the cluster of the parties (at least I tested it on CMs version 4.1.3 and it worked. I just changed the URL Directory address under Enterprise Parameter, pointing it to the address of the other cluster).

However, since CUCM5.x uses informix database I don't know if this could be an option. Above all, this is not a clever solution, I know...

Do you have any ideas of how can I transparently integrate the two user databases ?

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

that might work, since both servers are the same version it should be the same as with 4.x

the real solution on this would be to integrate to an external AD in which the data of both clusters is available

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

I would create an application that retrieves all user info via AXL SOAP (listUsers&getUser or executeSQLQuery) and store them in a DB,

Then have a web application that queries this DB and uses the CiscIPPhoneDirectory Objects

You can sync the DB every night or so if that is ok by client, or maybe every 3 hours, but you might need to throttle the requests as it can load the webservice on the publisher...

hth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: