cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shutdown procedures

tfelmly
Level 1
Level 1

Our data center is getting its power updated in a few weeks. We must shut everything in the room down while the work is being performed.

I would like to know if there is any particular order in which our Cisco phone equipment needs to be shutdown.

Our environment consists of:

2 MCS-7845's running CCM 4.1(3)SR6

2 MCS-7825's running Unity 4.1.1

1 HP DL380 running Exchange 2003

2 Cisco 2821 IPGW Routers

4 Cisco VG248 Analog Gateways

I'm not concerned with the Unity or Exchange server but need to know if the 2 2821's and 4 VG248's need to be brought down in any certain order.

What about power up? Do the 2821's and 248's need to be on before the CCM's come online?

Thanks!

Todd

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take down your subscribers first, one at a time. Wait until they are completely offline before powering down the next one. The last server is your publisher.

The VG248 and routers are not a big deal. I would probably power them down first so they do not fall into SRST mode if configured. Then your publishers.

Unity is probably configured in failover, so drop Failover first, then Unity Primary, then Exchange.

To bring it all back online:

Publisher (wait for it to be completely online)

Subscriber (wait for it to be completely online)

Routers and VG

Exchange

Unity Primary

Unity Failover

make sense?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take down your subscribers first, one at a time. Wait until they are completely offline before powering down the next one. The last server is your publisher.

The VG248 and routers are not a big deal. I would probably power them down first so they do not fall into SRST mode if configured. Then your publishers.

Unity is probably configured in failover, so drop Failover first, then Unity Primary, then Exchange.

To bring it all back online:

Publisher (wait for it to be completely online)

Subscriber (wait for it to be completely online)

Routers and VG

Exchange

Unity Primary

Unity Failover

make sense?

Yes it does and thanks.

As far as the routers, just turn them back on and they are good to go? One is hooked to a T1 for long distance and the other is hooked to two ISDN PRI circuits for local calls.

They have been on since our IP phone system went live early 2006.