Views
Helpful
Replies

75975 Background Image.

jbenson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have recently installed CCM 6.1(1) with 7975 color phones. We are trying to display a custom image on the phones and are having no luck. Through the call manager OS Administration page I have uploaded the .png files for the image and the thumbnail to the tftp server. I also uploaded the List.xml file to the Desktops/320x212x16 directory. I have stopped and started the tftp service, dissabled and re-enabled the Caching of Constant and Bin Files at Startup and rebooted the server. When I try to select a new background image I get a "Selections Unavailable" message on the phone. Any help is appreciated.

Jason

9 Replies 9

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jason,

I think you need Desktops/320x216x16 (note 216 not 212)

The List.xml file defines an XML object that contains a list of background images. The List.xml file is stored in the following subdirectory on the TFTP server:

/Desktops/320x216x16

List.xml Example

FTP:Desktops/320x216x16/TN-Fountain.png"

URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x216x16/Fountain.png"/>

FTP:Desktops/320x216x16/TN-FullMoon.png"

URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x216x16/FullMoon.png"/>

From this good 7975 doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7975g/6_1/english/administration/guide/7975cst.html#wp1088046

Hope this helps!

Rob

Jason,

Did you get this working?

I'm having the same issue with CM 6.1.1 and 7970s

I followed Rob's instructions but still no luck keep getting the "selections Unavailable" when trying to select a background

Thanks

Armando

image size depends on phone model, you need to follow the right set of instructions

Creating Custom Background Images

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7970g_7971g-ge/6_1/english/administration/guide/7970cst.html#wp1088046

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

You should restart the TFTP services once you upload the files. I have never got this working on a 7975 with out restarting the TFTP service after you upload the file.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks Guys

However, I did restarted the tftp service after I uploaded the pictures to the TFTP directory

Desktops/320x216x16

I know the pictures are good since I backed them up before I did the CM upgrade from 4.1.3 to 6.1.1

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Armando

Did you also reset the phone ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Where is the list.xml?

it should be under:

/Desktops/320x212x12

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Javalenc,

For 7975s it should be 320x216 and not 212..??

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

well, i'm really not sure at this point which model we're talking about, the original post was for 7975s, but then aramos17428 posted he was having issues with CM 6.1.1 and 7970s

so indeed the image size changes but i guess we'll have to wait to see which phone model we're talking at this point

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: