cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1300

MiguelHuancas
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question about Aironet 1300, I have to provide Internet to a group of houses that are near to a tower(of 30 meters), the maximun distance of the last house is about 50m. I want to use an Aironet 1300 with a directional antenna of 120º to provide Internet to the users inside this house only with their laptops o desktops. The houses are of one floor. Is that posible? Cisco has a model of antenna like that?

Thanks for your help.

3 Replies 3

bcolvin
Level 3
Level 3

Miguel

the distance you are describing for a directional antenna is not a problem. the problem comes with the House, if the house has a metal roof it probably wil not work, if there is a metal duct for heating or cooling between the AP and the client you will probably have a problem.

The only real way to determine if it will work is to do a survey with the AP mounted on the tower and use a client to check the coverage in hte houses.

For antennas, Cisco does not list an antenna with a 120deg beam, their directional antennas have a 90deg beam or narrower. remenber your 120deg antenna probably has an very narrow vertical beam, so antenna aiming is critical for coverage.

Also remember at 50 meters mearly placing your body between the two antennas can affect the signal to the point that you could lose the connection.

the best solution is to use a second AP in the house as a non-root or WGB that has clear line of sight to the 1300.

Good luck

Bill

Thanks a lot for the answer Bill. But I had a mistake because aren`t directional antennas, are sectorial antennas, whatever, I think is the same criteria for both. I have other question about 1300, in the datasheet say that this equipmnent can work until 3050 meters above sea level but I have to work with the 1300 to 4250 m.a.s.l., if I do this the equipment works properly?

Thanks again Bill.

Miguel

Miguel

good question, as the 1300 is cooled by coduction and convection the higher altitude / thinner air reduces the units abilty to diaapate heat.

This is really a question for CISCO they may have a solution for high altitude installations.

Good luck

Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card