Views
Helpful
Replies

enterprise skill-group with asynchronous media

Kapil Atrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I need to route e-mails to multiple skill-groups across different PGs. Can I create an enterprise skill-group and put skill-groups associated to different PG under that and get the desired results?

I tried the above scenario but e-mails gets stuck in the first skill-group in the list. Whatever SG is at the top gets all the e-mails irrespective of PG.

I tried routing the e-mail to one SG (non-enterprise) and further pointing it to different SG (Another PG) and I can route e-mail from on SG to another associated to different PGs. I can't load-balance across multiple PGs however in this scenario.

Is there any limitation in enterprise SG which prevents routing of asynchronous media request?

I've ICM 7.1.4 with CEM 5.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

inner_silence

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Good question - I've never tried that with CEM.

Since your second technique works, could you not work out your own pseudo load-balancing with formulae to evaluate estimated wait time, number of agents logged in and so on and come up with a workable strategy?

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks for suggestiong Geoff.

Certainly I can do it but enterprise skill-group would save whole lot of effort in scripting and sounds more scalable (say if I add another PG, I can simply put the new SG on the enterprise SG and done.)

I also noticed, there is no "Formula" option under enterprise SG to do percentage load-balancing etc stuff.

Thanks,

inner_silence

Hi Geff,

I can put SG associated to different PG under "queue to SG" node rather then using enterprise SG. I've tested it and I am able to route e-mails across different PG.

Do you see any problem in doing it that way? How this scenario is differnet then using enterprise SG?

Thanks,

inner_silence

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: