Views
Helpful
Replies

CONFIGURING REDUNDANCY WITH TWO SERVICE PROVIDERS

nicholasgondwe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have a 1721 router with two interfaces

One 1ENET and a DB60 serial interface to two different service providers with two different Ip addresses. I also have a single fa0 interface which connects to the LAN. I need this LAN to NAT and connect to the internet via one of the interfaces and in the event of a failure of one of the interfaces it should fall on the other service provider link. How best do I achieve this to ensure connectivity at all times. I also do not need load balancing so I guess I can use floating static routes as I have only static routes in operation.

2 Replies 2

Hi Nicholas,

You can use floating static routes to do Active/Standby routes.I would concern about Nat for this.You should use route-map commands to tell the router what's the right interface that we want to do Nat functions. Because of the nat operations will do what we defined.The router doesn't care about what is the active interface at that time.

Hopes this helps

Thot

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, here is a configuration example that does what you're asking:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_configuration_example09186a00808d2b72.shtml

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: