Views
Helpful
Replies

Input errors and CRC errors on HWIC-AP-AG-A

robdawg01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm using an HWIC-AP in a 1841 ISR. I seeing crc and input errors on the radio interfaces. Any suggeston on what could be the problem?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bcolvin
Level 3
Level 3

Randell

CRC errors on you wireles system are ususlly an indication of RF interfreence, sources could be Microwave ovens, bluetooth devices, cordless phones, other AP's operating on an overlapping channel, clients broadcasting Probe requests, Wifi printers with the Wifi enabled but not configured,and any other device that operates in the 2.4 or 5.8 bands used by the abg devices.

for wireless systems the CRC errors are common the rule as for all networks is to establish a base line for your environment and then when a problem arises check the current error rate against your base line for a clue as to the source of the problem.

welcome to wireless

Bill

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

bcolvin
Level 3
Level 3

Randell

CRC errors on you wireles system are ususlly an indication of RF interfreence, sources could be Microwave ovens, bluetooth devices, cordless phones, other AP's operating on an overlapping channel, clients broadcasting Probe requests, Wifi printers with the Wifi enabled but not configured,and any other device that operates in the 2.4 or 5.8 bands used by the abg devices.

for wireless systems the CRC errors are common the rule as for all networks is to establish a base line for your environment and then when a problem arises check the current error rate against your base line for a clue as to the source of the problem.

welcome to wireless

Bill

Thanks for the response Bill, I thought this could be the case. I'll baseline after a week of operation.

Thanks for the Points

As always it is the client that will determine if the network is meeting their needs.

Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: