Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Avaya Integration

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Folks,

My customer has 5 sites in five different countries. I just finished the HQ with CCM 5.1 and unity 4.2. The other four sites are Avaya and I am asked to integrate those four sites with HQ in order to by pass the toll for inter sites calls. Could you please let me know what kind of hardware and software do I need to complete this project. Unfortunately, at this moment I don't know anything about the model and the version of the Avaya PBX's. Is there any of them which are not compatible with CCM? Please do not hesitate to refer me to any detailed documents.

Thanks,

MK

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

this is a good place to start:

Cisco Interoperability Portal

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns728/networking_solutions_program_category_home.html

Might give you some idea on what you need while you find out the exact models

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the reply. Does the integration allow only toll by pass btw Avaya-Cisco sites or btw Avaya-Avaya too?

Thanks,

It will allow you to intergrate Avaya-cisco. What are you using Avaya ip office? I have intergrated CME with Avaya Ip office very easily using h323. The only problem i found was with the avaya. It requires DSP and licensing to be able to support voip. Have a look at this it gave me some insight.

http://www.avaya.co.uk/emea/en-us/resource/assets/applicationnotes/acm-cisco-gw.pdf

Take a look on google there is loads of resources on this sort of thing.

Thanks Matthew,

At the branch office we are using Avaya G3 version 12 and at the HQ we're using CCM 5.1 and unity 4.2. Are you aware of any good document for the above integration? Is there any way to do toll by pass btw Avaya-Avaya sites using Cisco routers?

Thanks,

lagos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi MK,

One scenario that works well is to deploy ISR routers as CUCM H323 gateways to each location. Use VWIC/ISDN PRI interface to integrate with the Avaya systems. VWICs can be configured to provide clocking and emulate the Central office. To the Avaya system, it will appear like like any other PRI delivered from a carrier. Use however many T1 ports required for your density.

Route to/from the Avaya systems as required.

HTH,

CJ

Hi

Take a look at this guide for configuring the gateways to the avaya. It will probably serve as a good base configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/pbx/interop/notes/417404av.pdf

As CJ said if you configure all the gateways as H323. You can then use QSIG to connect to the avaya as stated in the above link. The gateways will then use H323 between the central site and other remote sites.

The above link also gives some examples on how you should configure the dial-peers which you may find useful.

HTH

Matt

Thanks guys, I realy appreciate your help!

I have got one more question. The Avaya PBX that I am going to integrate with CCM 5.1 is a G3 V12 and the router that we have already purchased is a Cisco 2821. Is this the right router for the integration? I went to the Interoperability portal site at cisco.com and didn't see any doncument using 2821 router for the integration. I also don't see any documentation for G3 V12. Can I base my configuration on G3 V6? My very last question is; all I can see is to use FXS, FXO or E&M type of signaling with G3 V6, Would PRI (QSIG) also work?

Thanks,

MK

1. doesnt mater on the model of the gateway i think in the exam it is using 3725. You will be fine with a 2821.

2.You can probably get away with using this guide for the v12 but the commands maybe different from version to version.

3. So it depends what the V12 supports. If it supports QSIG using PRI then use that as it is more feature rich. Using FXS, FXO wont offer you as much feature support than QSIG but can still be used if needed.

HTH

Matt

Thanks Matt,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: