Views
Helpful
Replies

Registration with CSA-MC!

vdkhoa83csm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When I have just removed and installed new CSAgent on Solaris server, after reboot this host can't still register with CSA-MC, as below:

bash-2.05# opt/CSCOcsa/bin/csactl status

200-Status:

200- Management server: tstbd13-csamc52

200- Registration time: not registered

200- Host id: {0FCE14BD-7749-4119-8C4C-AB56C8099F91}

200- Last poll time:

200- Last download time:

200- Events in queue: 9

200- Software update: installed version is up to date

200- Testmode: On

200- Security level: Medium

And on CSA-MC, I see the Field of Host is ON. How can I register this Server with CSA-MC???

Many thks!!

17 Replies 17

vdkhoa83csm
Level 1
Level 1

Urgen, please!

Do you have other Solaris servers registered with the MC?

Do you have enough server licenses?

Can the Solaris box find the MC in DNS?

Tom

Hi,

We have enough server licenses to installing. I mention that before upgrade to new CSAgent, my system still operate normally.

I just removed and installed new CSAgent, but I don't know how can register again with CSA-MC.

Tks!!!

So you didn't use:

# /opt/CSCOcsa/bin/csactl swupdate, you removed the old agent and installed the new one, correct?

Does the MC still show the server registered with the old agent kit?

If so, try deleting the old server registration from the MC and try:

# /opt/CSCOcsa/bin/csactl poll

and see what you get.

Sometimes you can't register the same machine again until you delete the old one.

Tom

Tks for your supporting! I have moved Host to Recycle Bin and purged it from the MC, then try to Poll host again but still fail:

bash-2.05# /opt/CSCOcsa/bin/csactl poll

300 Poll of management server failed

Vo

Weird. What logs are available for the Solaris agent?

On Windows hosts it's C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CSAgent\log\csalog.txt and it contains any error codes generated when the agent fails to poll or register.

Tom

Hi,

I have just solved this issue by fix some files in the packet update.

There are MGMTSERVER and MGMTSERVER_IP fields on "agent.bundle" file incorrect with my system. And I must change "sslca.crt" CA file to accommodate.

Tks for your supporting.

Vo

Thanks for the update. I'll remember it if I ever have to support Solaris agents.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Although the re-register processing success, MC have detected that Host. But the Host Status on MC, I see "No security policies enforced (waiting for upgrade)". I polled and generated policy again but not successful. Please show me how can!

Vo

Hi, sorry I didn't see your post until just now.

Try :# /opt/CSCOcsa/bin/csactl swupdate

to get the latest version.

Tom

Hi, I had running swupdate & poll from agent but still received unexpected result. CSA-MC still notify that:

- Policy version: No security policies enforced (waiting for upgrade)

But, on Host Agent:

bash-2.05# /opt/CSCOcsa//bin/csactl status

200-Status:

200- Management server: qtsc-mc

200- Registration time: 2008-04-17 10:39:37

200- Host id: {B6C07FA9-1B78-4D02-A379-459A2E63817C}

200- Last poll time: 2008-04-29 11:29:26

200- Last download time: 2008-04-17 10:45:10

200- Software update: installed version is up to date

200- Testmode: On

200- Security level: Medium

The version use on MC is 5.2-0 build 203, and on Agent is 5.2-0 build 251 testmode. Are there any wrong here, maybe they mismatch.

Tks, Vo.

Yep, it's a version mismatch all right. The version on the host is newer than the one on the MC so it isn't recognized.

Until you upgrade the MC to the version that the host has you won't get any policy enforcement.

Where did the agent kit come from if not from the MC? I don't even see a 5.2.0.251 listed on the hotfix page.

Tom

It's just a test patch to fix the server crash which was supplied by Cisco. Also, we will wait for new release for both MC and Agents.

Tks for your supporting. Happy Labor day to you!

Vo.

You're welcome and good luck...

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: