cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS3.0.1 crash

tverhoeven
Level 1
Level 1

This morning I tried to get into CW and found that it had crashed. The page I was getting was Server Not REady. I tried to stop/start services but after about 30 minutes many parts did not come back like IPM and DFM. I noticed that Tomcat was using 400mb of memory and would not stop.

Is there a log that I can look at to find out what may have happened??

thanks

tony

3 Replies 3

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

Well yes there are quite a few logs to look at under /var/adm/CSCOpx/log/ (solaris) or SystemDrive:\Program Files\CSCOpx\log\ (wndows) with the logs listed by daemon name, but first you want to check the status of your system daemons using pdshow.

I am running this on Win2k3.

I ended up stopping the services and rebooting the server which seemed to fix it but I am worried that this happens again and I don't know what happened.

i would like to try to figure it out.

pdshow is the status checker for the daemons that run everything on the system. If you can't determine what the state of the system is how can you troubleshoot ? Current status of the application daemons (never started, administraror shut down, running with busy flag set, etc) along with the log files can tell you exactly whats going on.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco