Views
Helpful
Replies

ip accounting

TECH SUPPORT
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In relation to the ip accounting output-packets command, if packets are being accounted for then can we guarantee that the packet has left the interface?

In what order does ip accounting take place? I presume it would be after output ACL, NAT and crypto but how about QoS? During the QoS process a packet moves from software queue to hardware queue to the interface. It must be at some point during (or after?) this process that the ip accounting information would be incremented?

If you think you may have any useful info then please let me know..

Thanks,

Antony

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I know it increments after it leaves the interface but I don't have a documentation as far as 'when' the incrementing it's taking place in term of the hardware queues.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

ip accounting is accounted after all the processes you've mentioned are completed.

The only packets ip accounting does not process, are packets originated by the router itself.

__

Edison.

Sorry to labour the point but the counter increments after the packet enters the harware queue or after it has left?

Can we guarantee that if ip accounting has incremented then the packet will have left the interface?

Thanks for your input.

Antony

I know it increments after it leaves the interface but I don't have a documentation as far as 'when' the incrementing it's taking place in term of the hardware queues.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card