Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Integration

ajkhader123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have Catalys 3560 switch, I am planning to add WLC 4402 on the network, will it work with this series switches.

Regards,

Abdul...

13 Replies 13

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

Yes. You will need some transceivers between the two. You can use either copper or fiber transceivers depending on what is available on your 3560 switch.

Either way, you will need to setup 2 ports on the 3560 to trunk dot1q with the controller.

You can use etherchannel on the switch if you put the controller in "lag" mode, or just leave the two trunks separate. If you do not use 'lag' on the controller, you will need to create 2 ap-manager interfaces and alternate the physical port priority between them

Hello Eric,

Thanks for your quik response, can u please elobrate alternating the physical port priority.

When you configure the ap management interfaces under the controller | interfaces menu, you will specify the physical information as follows

port number

backup port

It will then list the port number setting as the active port. You will then reverse the physical port numbers on the other ap management interface. You could also use 'lag', but you will still need 2 ap management interfaces to get all 50 APs supported

Eric,

Good explanation, adding to this is it possible to get an authentication from Active directory after loggin in with Radius authentication, like second level authentication, is it possible to do.

Hey Eric,

Thank u so much for answering all my question, i would like to get continued this conversation, will get back with some queries later,

Thanks,

Abdul...

Hi Eric,

Back again, is there any authentication method for AP's to get registered with WLC, like i am priming AP with WLC, when i connect other AP on the network it should not get registered, is there any authentication can be enabled for AP's not be registered with WLC.

Not sure what you are asking....

are you referring to wireless protection policies?

I am adding only 5 AP on the network, i would like to know when any one try to add a new AP they should be promted for Authentication, is it possible to do so.

In an LWAPP install, you can authenticate an AP to a AAA server.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hey fella,

Can u please explain this in detail.

Thanks.

This is for MAC, I would like to know how we create authentication B/W WLC and AP with WAP2-AES, this setup has been worked out in a wireless network.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: