Views
Helpful
Replies

IGESM Blade Switch "Shutdown not allowed" on Interface

r.lusignan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a customer with a blade center with 2 IGESM blade switches installed. Switch A works fine, however Switch B is giving me a bit of a headache. It's configured identically to Switch A with the exception of IPs/Host name, however when I go into the interface config for the external ports to trunk them to a 3750, I am unable to "no shut" the interface. I get:

Blade_SwitchB(config)#int range g0/17-20

Blade_SwitchB(config-if-range)#no shut

% Shutdown not allowed on this interface

Per port config still gives me the same error, so it's not an issue with the range command. The Blade itself has a single management interface installled, but it doesn't have a second one. The management interface is used for managing the chassis itself, I thought perhaps to have the 2nd blade switch working it required a 2nd Management interface, however IBM has said otherwise. Has anyone run into this before? Thanks in advance.

-Russ

1 Reply 1

r.lusignan
Level 1
Level 1

Solved, these ports must be enabled via the management center GUI before they can be no shut via the command line. Current scenario only has a single management module installed, therefore no way to bring those interfaces up without installing a 2nd one.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco