Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Waas prepostion : unable to work

Hi,

I've setting a lab to test the waas. I've got one central manager and two application-acceleration devices. Everything is configured well using the cisco guide.

Wccp redirection is ok and I have good performance with http and ftp acceleration.

My probleme is that I cannot configure wafs properly the preposition is not working when I start it now (in schedule). I have other problem which is the windows authentication. I setup this and the devices are in active directory shown but the check fail.

I don't know if the two problem have a link.

Please help me to set up the windows authentication correctly and the wafs configuration to let the preposition work.

Thak you

Best regards

Karim

4 Replies 4

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Karim,

A few questions:

- Have you configured pre-position credentials for the WAFS Core Cluster?

- What version of Windows is the domain controller you are authenticating against running?

- What is the failure message you get when verifying authentication?

- Does WAFS work otherwise (without pre-positioning)?

Zach

Zach,

- Yes, I did configure the credentials as it is a lab test I did:

username: domain-name\administrator

password : thepassword

- I use windows 2000 server SP4 from a virtual machine

- the failure message is "winbind is not running"

- I don't know if it works, I hope so, how can I check this?

Regards

Karim

Hi,

It is working fine now, the problem was signatures on the server side.

But, I have headakes to make files readonly available just in case of wan failure.

Regards

Karim

Hi Zach,

I restore the default configuration on my WAEs I did an new configuration with taking somme print screens. I send you an attachement to check where is the error.

My purpose is to enable wafs to work properly and let the preposition work as well. i don't care about windows authentication to access the devices at this time.

Notice that the acceleration (http, ftp ...) is working well. And wccp is working properly as well.

In windows 2000 server sp4 I have a shared folder called data with grant full control access to everyone.

best regards

Karim