cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Transfer calls to PSTN

mcarter
Level 1
Level 1

I want Unity to forward calls to the PSTN..

Heres what i have done so far...

Under the subscriber i have selected the transfer to <CELL Number> under the "Call Transfer" link.

Then under call manager i created a translation patter to traslate 6265 to *6265.

The * sends the call to unity.

This works great when i call a call handler and dial 6265 it rings my cell...but when i dial it from an IP phone i hear my greeting.

Where am i going wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Matt,

I have not set this up so I can't give you a good example (sorry mate) I wanted to send you the link anyways just to move the project along. I think your design example might just work.

Take care,

Rob

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

Out of curiousity, why dont you use settings in call manger, that way you dont have to use any translation patterns

because the end user doesnt have a Cisco IP Phone (works from home) and does not have VM at home. So we wanted to use the Superviory transfer option so that unity can grab back the call after so many rings.

This works well when you dial her extension from a Call Handler but not from a Cisco IP Phone.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Matt,

Here is the reference that shows why you are seeing this behaviour. You will need to route these calls through a Call Handler;

Call transfer and screening settings control how Cisco Unity handles your incoming calls from callers who ***did not dial you directly.

Transfer and screening settings apply only when calls are routed to you from the main greeting recorded for your organization, directory assistance, or a similar automated call handler that your Cisco Unity administrator set up to assist callers who dial the main phone number for your organization. This means that when an outside caller or another subscriber dials your extension to reach you by phone, your Cisco Unity transfer and screening settings do not apply.

Changing Call Transfer and Screening Options

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/405/user/guide/exum/405um130.html

Call Holding in Cisco Unity

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_qanda_item09186a0080093c13.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the link, im in the process of reading through the links...but i was looking for something more specific. Like a How To, maybe.

So i setup a call to send to a Call Handler and then maybe under "the After message action" -recording a blank greeting to send the call to the subscriber account which will then dial the phone, the phone is then call forwarded to the cell number. And the Unity Supervisory will count the rings and send back to the unity subscribers greeting....??

Hi Matt,

I have not set this up so I can't give you a good example (sorry mate) I wanted to send you the link anyways just to move the project along. I think your design example might just work.

Take care,

Rob

Rob,

No you totally pointed me in the right direction and turned on a light bulb somewhere.

My theory did actually work, granted its not a perfect solution but it works.

There extension will actually be the call handler and the call handler simply forward the call the subscriber, and you supervise the transfer on the subscriber.

The end users will hear "Wait while i transfer your call" while there cell phone is ringing.

Hey Matt,

Nice work here! This sounds like an excellent solution. Thanks for posting back with your final results :) I'm glad the doc I sent helped a little.

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: