cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS question

wesley.roberts
Level 1
Level 1

Im looking for a IOS to setup simple site to site ipsec VPNs. I got confused when I went to the site and they discussed Layer 2, Layer 3, ect... VPNs. All I want to do is setup VPNs with my customers. Anyways, if the IOS I have will do a Ipsec VPN thats fine. It is a c2600-d-mz.122-3.bin

1. Is there a place I can plug in the IOS name and get feedback on its speciality?

2. What does the IOS c2600-d-mz.122- 3.bin specialize in?

3. What IOS is best for diong VPN's when the router is a 2621

Thanks,

Wes

3 Replies 3

williamsdo
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, I read your post go to the site below it is the Cisco IOS download page, you should find the answer to all of your questions there and you can download the IOS also. HTH

Please rate if it does, Thanks

http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/sw-ios.shtml

Wes

While the software download page has lots of good things, I do not believe that it is the best place to find answers to your questions. I believe a more effective solution is the Cisco Feature Navigator which you can reach at:

www.cisco.com/go/fn

this does not require an ID with special privileges (which the downloads page does).

One of the options in the Feature Navigator is to check specific images. I put your image name in and it indicates that your image is the IP/IPX/AT/DEC feature set. This feature set does not have support for VPN. If you want to implement IPSec VPN then you will need to upgrade the image on your router to one that does have IPSec/encryption support.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Rick, thanks for adding the feature navigator link, I was looking for something like that I now have the page saved.

DW

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco