Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6.0.0-745 and 5.5.1-014 for Email Release Notifications

IronPort Systems is pleased to announce the release AsyncOS 6.0.0-745 for Email and a maintenance release, AsyncOS 5.5.1-014 for Email. These releases apply to all our Email Security Appliances (C-Series and X-Series) and Security Management Appliances (M-Series).

New Features in 6.0.0

* New Feature: Centralized Email Reporting on the M-Series
* New Feature: Centralized Message Tracking on the M-Series
* New Feature: On-box Message Tracking on the C-Series and X-Series
* * Tracking is not available on C10 or C100 appliances due to
* * RAM and CPU limitations on those platforms
* New Feature: Disk Space Management on the M-Series

Fixed in 5.5.1-014 and 6.0.0-745

* Fixed: Appliances Are Not Generating SNMP Traps [Defect ID: 39542]
* Fixed: End Users Cannot Access IronPort Spam Quarantine [Defect ID: 37450]
* Fixed: Mail Containing Lines Starting with Dots Fails DKIM Verification [Defect ID: 39622]

Customers running older builds who are not ready to move to 6.0.0, are encouraged to upgrade to 5.5.1-014.

If you are concerned about an issue not listed there, please contact your authorized IronPort support center to make an inquiry.

The release notes and full user guides are available on our Support Portal.

Release Planning Note

AsyncOS 6.1.0 is scheduled to be released in April, you can learn more about this release in the Support Portal under Appliance Documentation > Email.

How to Upgrade

Prior to upgrading to this release, please read the Release Notes referenced above. As a best practice, IronPort recommends preparing for an upgrade by taking the following steps:

1. Save the XML configuration file off of the appliance.
2. If you are using the Safelist/Blocklist feature, export the list off of box.
3. Suspend the listeners.
4. Drain the mail queue and the delivery queue.
5. Re-enable the listeners after you upgrade.

Once you have read the Release Notes and followed the steps above, you may log into the command line of your IronPort Appliance as the 'admin' user, and type 'upgrade'. For systems on IronPort AsyncOS 4.5.0 or greater, you may use the GUI upgrade functionality in the "System Administration" tab. For systems on revisions greater than 3.8.3, you may upgrade directly to the highest version available in the displayed list.

**NOTE** It is important that you follow the upgrade instructions available in the Release Notes. If you do attempt to upgrade and do not see the target release version available, your appliance is likely not on a version allowed to upgrade directly. See 'Upgrade Paths', below.

Upgrade Paths

Please refer to the Release Notes for qualified upgrade paths.
If your systems are on any other AsyncOS release, you will need to perform multiple upgrades as specified in the release notes. Only the immediate next step in the upgrade path will be shown to you, with the next revision being shown once you are at the approved level.

15 Replies 15

Pat_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the information:

New Features in 6.0.0

* New Feature: On-box Message Tracking on the C-Series and X-Series

I see the following hint if I try to activate the 'Security Services, Message Tracking'-entry:
Message Tracking for this appliance is available through Centralized Tracking only. Ensure that the Security Management Appliance is configured to obtain tracking data from this appliance. 
I'm a little bit confused. Do I have "On-box Message Tracking" or not?

chhaag
Level 1
Level 1

Tracking only requires a key when used on an M-Series to centralize tracking across multiple C or X Series boxes.

If you just want to track messages on a single C or X Series, no feature key is required.

regards

Pat_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

How do I 'activate' this function if I don't need a future key?
Is there any KB-article or documentation about it?

Pat,
what C-model do you have?
On-box tracking is not avaiable on the older C1xx.

Joerg

Pat_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

We have two C100.

What do you mean with "on the older C100". How can I check If we have the "older" or "newer" C100?

You should have a C150 to use the onbox tracking.

igor.karasik
Level 1
Level 1

We have C100 as well,
very pained that message tracking not supported on C100.
Will continue to use MFC

Agreed - but if you have more than one C-Series and don't own a M-Series MFC is your friend (as long as you don't reach the database limits)....
The box-independent message tracking is a feature I realy like - I don't want to search events on each box in a multi-esa environment.

Pat_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Hmm... That's the first time that I'm a bit dazzled by bright IronPort-Marketing-lights :?

chhaag
Level 1
Level 1

IronPort will be releasing a 1U M150 appliance later this year. Tracker has been designed to overcome the limitations of MFC and already in its first release greatly improves on MFC's search and event viewing features.

Customers running C10s or C100s will be able to use an M150 to do consolidated reporting and may find that the M150 performs more reliably than MFC did over time.

Look for the M150 announcement later this year.

regards.

Nicolas Melay
Level 1
Level 1

MFC ? Mail Flow Central ?
I had never heard about this.
I did all message tracking trough the CLI so far...

How does it work ? Is it a workstation product ? Is it available for download ?

igor.karasik
Level 1
Level 1

MFC ?  Mail Flow Central ?
I had never heard about this.
I did all message tracking trough the CLI so far...

How does it work ? Is it a workstation product ? Is it available for download ?

http://www.ironport.com/pdf/ironport_mail_flow_central_overview.pdf

Ask IronPort support for download link

igor.karasik
Level 1
Level 1

IronPort will be releasing a 1U M150 appliance later this year. Tracker has been designed to overcome the limitations of MFC and already in its first release greatly improves on MFC's search and event viewing features.

Customers running C10s or C100s will be able to use an M150 to do consolidated reporting and may find that the M150 performs more reliably than MFC did over time.

Look for the M150 announcement later this year.

regards.

But I still don't understand why C100 don't support ontime message tracking. We don't want to buy M-appliance.... We have only one C100...
Do IronPort have any plans to another new features which will not be available on C100 ?

Doc_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

But I still don't understand why C100 don't support ontime message tracking. We don't want to buy M-appliance.... We have only one C100...
Do IronPort have any plans to another new features which will not be available on C100 ?

Unfortunately it's not a matter of what we want to support or not - it's simply that the C10 and C100 don't have the resources required to run either PXE Encryption or message tracking.

We try very hard to have all features available on all boxes, and until these two features came along we managed to achieve that - unfortunately there's just no way that the C10 or C100 can keep up with what's required for PXE or message tracking.

If you need this functionality there is an upgrade program to trade in your existing C100 for a C150 at a fairly reasonable price - talk to your local reseller/IronPort sales person.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: